Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2009

Prayer Journal Entry #26: Struggling to Make Him #1...

Dear God, (January 11th, 2008)
What can I say? I was up late last night (I wrote You) so I slept in until 7 and completely missed my chance to meet with You in the early morning. How can I make sure that You’re #1 in my life? I think that for me, it means making sure that I give You my undivided attention in the early part of the day (when it’s quiet) so that I get my heart in the right place at the very start.
But that means I have to make sure to get to bed so that I can get enough sleep before meeting with You, so that I don’t fall asleep. I want to be absolutely sure that You’re #1 priority in my life, Father. Please help me. If I need to cut some things out so that I have more time to spend with You, and serving others, then I will do it. Whatever it takes, I will do it, because I love You and I want to know You more each and every day.
Please, Abba, change my calloused heart. I am so selfish, so unkind. I am not a doer of Your Word, like I should be. I see chances to do right and be kind and help others all the time but I pass them by because "I don’t have time." Well, if I’m too busy to spend time with You; and if I’m too busy to serve others, then I’m too busy. Please, help me get my priorities straight. Please renew my mind, transform me, O Spirit of the Living God. Change my heart. Make me more like Jesus. I need You so much. I love You so much, Father.
Yours Forever,
Rachel

No comments: