Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2009

Prayer Journal Entry #14: Going through the motions...

Dear God, (October 18th, 2007)
How did I get so numb? I need to feel Your touch in my heart, O God. It’s gotten all shriveled up and hard inside me, I am so calloused. Please, God, I need You to soften my heart. Make it responsive to Your every touch.
I have been guilty of going through the motions, God. I go to church, I listen to Christian music, I use Christian devotional books. But God, what I need is not more principles from the Bible or anything like that. Right now I just need Your presence. Please be real to me, right here, right now.
Your presence gives me the power to do all things. I need Your power to help me change. Please change my heart O God, make it ever true. Change my heart, O God, may I be like You. You are the Potter and I am the clay; mold me, and make me, this is what I pray. I don’t ever want to be the same. Please don’t let me get complacent. I need Your touch in my heart. Please clean out all that filth and break up the fallow ground in my heart.
Send Your rain to wash me anew. Rekindle the flame that once burned so bright and clear. I have become so calloused, so cold, so numb that I’ve allowed the fire in my soul to die down to a lone ember tucked away in some dusty corner. Please, Abba, give me a clean heart. Rekindle my passion for You. I need You.
Yours Forever,
Rachel

No comments: