Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Prayer Journal Entry #17: Knowing Him...

Dear God, (December 30th, 2007)
I’m really serious about having this relationship with You. I don’t have all the answers as to how it is supposed to be done or when it is supposed to be done or all of that, but I do know this--I want to know You. I want to have a deep, intimate, loving relationship with You. I have dedicated this next year of my life, 2008, to getting to know You more, to drawing closer to You, to seeking You with all my heart. And Your Word says that if I seek You with all my heart, I will find You. I love You so much, Abba.
Will You show Yourself to me? Will You help me get to know You better? I rest in the power of Your Holy Spirit which You sent to me (at the moment I placed my faith in You) to guide me into all truth. Please do guide me, teach me, O keep my heart soft to Your touch, Father! Renew my mind daily. Transform my heart by Your power and Your love. Help me yield myself to Your touch. O Spirit of God, fill me, I pray! Take complete control of my life each day. Show me how to live for You, for You are all that’s worth living for. My life, my talents, my gifts, my time, my money, my mind, my strength, my entire being are Yours! Use me, I pray! Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me! Do not cast me away from Your presence! Restore to me the joy of Your salvation! O, renew a right spirit within me. That is my prayer, O God.
Thank You so much for hearing me. I don’t deserve any of this, but in worship and service I lay my life at Your feet, to be used of You, O my Father. Please take me and use me. That is my highest aim...to be used by You for Your glory. I love You so much, Abba.
Yours Forever,
Rachel

No comments: