Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2009

Prayer Journal Entry #27: "I Need You to Change My Heart..."

Dear God, (January 15th, 2008)
Here I am again, after wandering away for a few days. I’m back, wanting to seek You, wanting to be like You. I can’t do it by myself, Father. I need You to change my heart. O Spirit, transform me by the renewing of my mind. Purify me, make me a clean vessel that You can use.
I have so much to get done today, but please help me to not let any of it take priority over my time with You. I want to seek Your kingdom first, God. I want others to be able to see by the way that I live, the way that I spend my time and money that You’re #1 in my life.
My prayer as I start this day is the same as the Psalmist’s in Psalm 19: "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." I want everything that I say today to please You. I want everything that I focus my mind on, that I meditate on (or worry about) to please You. I don’t want to spend this day worrying about small, temporary issues when instead, I should be focusing my mind on You and Your Word.
I yield myself to You, O Holy Sprit, transform me today. Make me more and more like You. I want others to see You in me. I want to know You more today, Precious Father. I want to abide in You, that I might bring forth much fruit. I need You, Abba. I love You.
Yours Forever,
Rachel

No comments: