Search This Blog

Monday, March 23, 2009

Prayer Journal Entry #23: My Family

Dear God, (January 8th, 2008)
I’m having a rough day. Living in the same house as 7 bitter, angry, critical people wears on you after a while. Please don’t let my spirit become infected with the bitter, critical attitudes of my family members. I want to show them Your love, mercy, kindness and forgiveness, but it’s so hard when you feel like you’re fighting a losing battle all by yourself. Please, God, give me the strength to carry on. Help me to keep on loving, giving, showing kindness, forgiving, and praying for my family. I do believe that there are better days ahead for my family, and that by Your grace we will someday see them.
But more than that, I believe that You have a purpose for this time in our lives--to make us more like You. I have complete confidence in Your ability to handle the situations that we are dealing with as a family. You are in control; and You, Most Sovereign God of the Universe know exactly what You are doing and why You are doing it. I rest in the knowledge that though I can’t see the path ahead, You will guide me safely through whatever You have in store for me and You will never, ever leave me. What have I to fear, then? Nothing.
I trust You with my future, Abba. I trust You with my life right now. You are in control, so I have no reason to fear. Come what may, be it death, divorce, separation, illness or any other kind of trial, I know that You only have our best in mind, so I trust Your wisdom. Father, You may give and take away, but still, I will say, "Blessed be the Name of the LORD." I love You so much, Abba.
Yours Forever,
Rachel

No comments: