Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Prayer Journal Entry #25: Life is SHORT!

Dear God, (January 10th, 2008)
What is my life? I am here, I live, I’m gone. Life is so short. But I want to make my life count. How?
I know that You have a plan and a purpose for my life, but how do I find out what it is? Will I know it when I’m doing it? Will there be some bolt of lightning and all-of-a-sudden I know what Your plan for my life is, or will it gradually dawn on me?
I see so many people around me that waste their lives, living only for themselves and I don’t want to do that. I don’t want to waste my life, living for myself. There are so many lost, lonely and hurting people that need help. But how can I, a stubborn teenager from KC, Missouri help so many of them? How can a drop in the ocean, a vapor, a withering grass make a difference in this world during the short time I’m on it?
I just found this verse in Your Word: "For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 16:25)
Is that the key? I think that it is. My life will only truly have eternal worth if I live it all for You. Not my will, but Yours. Jesus, I hereby take up my cross to follow You. Whatever the cost, I will live for You. It’s not my life, but Yours. I lose my life, but gain Yours. I want to abide in You, every moment of the day, living for You with every breath that I have.
I am Yours forever, Abba,
Rachel

No comments: