Search This Blog

Monday, March 23, 2009

Prayer Journal Entry #22: New Every Morning...

Dear God, (January 7th, 2008)
Your Word says that Your mercies are new every morning. Wow. You are so patient with me to give me a chance to start over every single day.
So, here I am at 6:42am, asking for Your wisdom and guidance throughout the day. I cannot live this day the way I should in my own strength, only in Yours. I live today to make You smile. I want You to be intimately involved with every part of my day, Father. I want to spend this day getting to know You better, and becoming more like You. O, Abba, I have so much farther to go in order to be like You. Thank You for not giving up on me, for always gently leading me back to the path You have chosen for me.
Help me to trust You, Abba. I don’t know where You are leading me, or what You have in store, but with Your hand to guide, I can’t ask for anything more. I have nothing to fear when You lead me into the fog, for You know the way, so I know that I am safe. Please help me and my whole family to trust You with our future. Thank You for Your promise that You will never leave me. I cling to that daily when I feel so lonely.
And now, Lord, as I start my day, this is my prayer: "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer."
I live, this day, for You alone, Father. I need You so much. With all my love and devotion I seek to serve You today.
Yours Forever,
Rachel

No comments: