Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Today I am starting a series of blog posts, consisting of excerpts from a prayer journal I have kept for the past two years. My purpose in posting these prayer journal entries (or, "letters to God," as I like to call them) is to encourage other believers in their walk with God. I want people to see that I am not some sort of "Super Christian"; I have struggles, and I fail. This journal tracks my spiritual growth over the course of 2007, 2008 and into the year 2009. I hope that it encourages you, and I pray that would be inspired to keep a prayer journal, too!

Dear God, (March 17th, 2007)
I’m not really sure what to say. I’ve been going through a lot lately, and for the most part I’ve pretty much ignored You. What a foolish thing to do. You are the Only One who can really help me, and yet I turn You away, time after time; I try to go my own way. And yet, every single time, You are waiting for me with open arms when I finally come to my senses and turn back to You. You clean me up and set me back on the straight and narrow way.
I’ve been reading a book called "When God Writes Your Life Story." It talks about something called "The Great Exchange." The exchange is simply this: I trade my sinful, corrupted human life for Your eternal, holy and righteous life. You work in and through me. As Paul put it: "Not I, but Christ lives in me." All I have to do is crucify me: the old, sinful flesh; and take on the new me. I want to do this. I am tired of being me. I have no way at all to be good: I simply can’t do it. So God, would you please take over? I don’t want to be in charge. You take the wheel. You call the shots. Jesus, be the Lord of my life. Take the pen, please. Write my Life Story however you wish.
Yours Forever,
Rachel

No comments: