Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Comfort

Dear God, (June 26th, 2007)
I’m doing a study on comfort in Your Word with a friend of mine. I’m learning so much. One thing I’ve found is that Your promises are such a comfort. Promises like, "The Eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the Everlasting Arms" and "I will never leave you or forsake you." It’s so comforting to know that You’ll always be here, no matter what.
Another thing I’ve found is that knowing that You’re in control is very comforting, too. You have never failed me in the past and I know You never will in the future, so what can happen in the present that could change Your plans? Nothing.
I’m learning to trust You. Even though I don’t know what the future holds, it’s in Your hands and there’s no safer place it could be. Give me the faith to step out into the unknown holding tightly to Your hand. You’ll never fail, never leave, never, ever forget me. No matter what happens here at home, even if we have to move, help me trust You to know what’s best for me.
Thank You for being my Heavenly Father, even when my earthly father ignores me or doesn’t have time for me. I know that You’ll always be there and that I can cry on Your shoulder. You are so loving, so caring, so gentle, so tender and so kind. I need You so much. I love You so much.
Yours Forever,
Rachel

No comments: