Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Prayer Journal Entry #10: How long?

Dear God, (July 11th, 2007)
Are you there? Can You hear me? I can’t feel Your presence. I need to know You’re with me. Your Word says, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear, for You are with me..." I’m going through the valley, God, but I’m scared because I can’t feel Your presence. How can I know You’re with me?
How long? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long must I cry out, night after night, day after day, while You do not answer me? How long will my soul seek You in turmoil and anguish? How long will You be silent? I need to hear Your voice; I need to see Your face. Just Your presence will give me the strength to carry on. Without You, I am lost and without hope.
In my suffering, my heart cries out to You for answers. How long must my soul search in vain for the comfort of Your presence? Psalm 42:1-3, 5-6, 9-11; Psalm 22:1-2; Psalm 13:1-6; Psalm 63:1; Psalm 71 (esp. verse 9); Psalm 83:1; Psalm 88 (esp. verse 2).
You promise in Psalm 91:15 that when I call to You, You will answer me; You will rescue me from danger. I am crying out to You: but can You hear me? You have not answered. How long??
Yours Forever,
Rachel

No comments: