Search This Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2009

In the Valley...

Dear God, (May 19th, 2007)
I feel like my world is spinning out of control. I have so much to do, and so little time to do it. And the problem is, the things that I have to do take precedence over the things I need to do, like spending time with You. And when I miss my time with You, my life becomes even more miserable, for You are the Only One who brings joy and comfort to me when I need it most.
I’ve just been through one of the most difficult times of my life. I went through a deep valley and took the downward spiral of depression. For several months, I was lost in hopelessness and despair. I think that You sent me through the valley so that I could see how much I really need You. Before the valley, I had thought that I could pretty much make it on my own, that I didn’t need You. Boy, was I wrong. When I hit rock bottom, who did I finally call out to? You. You came and got me out of that pit and set me free from that HUGE burden of worry, despair, stress, etc.
The problem is, I feel myself going down again. Down that awful downward spiral of depression. I keep trying to carry that burden again, too. I don’t want to go through the valley again. I’m not sure if I could handle it. Help me, Jesus. I need You.
Yours Forever,
Rachel

No comments: