Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2009

Prayer Journal Entry #11: Refuge

Dear God, (July 17th, 2007)
I need a touch from You. My faith is feeble and frail. I need to know that You are here. I must confess that I have taken my eyes off of You and started looking at the huge waves surrounding me. I’m starting to sink down- I’m holding out my hand- will You reach out and save me? I need to know that You are holding me. Your Word says, "The Eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the Everlasting Arms..." God, I’m hurting right now. I need refuge from the storm in Your Everlasting Arms. Hold me close, Father. I need to cry on Your shoulder, but how can I do that if You’re far away? I need to feel the comfort of Your love.
In the Psalms, David often mentions You saving him from his enemies. Now, they may have been physical enemies, but couldn’t they have also been enemies like fear, despair, doubt, loneliness, etc? I think so.
Right now, I’m battling all of the above. Fear of the future and fear of rejection have nearly paralyzed me. Despair is like waves crashing over my head- if a big enough wave comes along, I could go under for good. I’m doubting that You’re hearing me, God. Please answer!!!! I’m lonely, too. For You. I miss You. Come back, please. Show me Your presence once again. I need You, Abba.
Yours Forever,
Rachel

No comments: