Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Prayer Journal Entry #28: Only ONE LIFE!!!

Dear God, (January 16th, 2008)
How can I use the only life that I have to get other people to stop wasting theirs and start living for You and reaching others with the Gospel? It seems impossible, but that’s the kinds of the things You specialize in. Argh...it’s so frustrating when people around me don’t seem to realize that life is not meant to be lived for ourselves and our pleasures, but offered up in service and dedication to You.
We only get one life! We can’t afford to waste it! There are people all around us, lost and hurting, and we’re supposed to be reaching them, but instead we sit with our backsides bowed to the leather of the couch and flick channels. I realize, of course, that not all of us are called into ministry, but all of us are called to be Your witnesses wherever we are. So why are we so complacent? Why are we so passionately apathetic about serving You? This ought not to be so.
Father, use me please. In any way that You wish, doing whatever You want me to do. Help me to prepare myself now for whatever it is You have planned for me. I want to be a pliable vessel in Your hands, Father. Shape me into who You want me to be. Take my heart and form it, take my mind, transform it, take my will, conform it, to Yours, O Lord.
Teach me to be more servant-minded like You, Jesus. Help me to be loving, joyful, peaceable, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and self-controlled. I want to become more like You, Abba, each and every day. I love You, Abba.
Yours Forever,
Rachel

No comments: